Belmar Physical Therapy is very excited to announce that we are now offering aquatic therapy! We have joined up with Easter Seals Colorado in Lakewood and can now provide individual and group aquatic therapy in the warm water therapy pool.
In the warm water therapy pool, joints are unloaded, circulation is increased, flexibility is enhanced and strengthening can be pain-free. Our physical therapists can help your patients improve their mobility, function, and quality of life in a safe and comfortable environment. After developing a personalized aquatic therapy program with our physical therapists, Easter Seals has cost effective membership opportunities for patients who want to continue to make aquatic therapy a part of their daily lives.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy:
- Unload your Joints and Spine with less gravity
- Build Core Strength and improve Balance
- Decrease Pain by reducing muscle spasms
- Gain Flexibility
- Challenge your Cardio Endurance
- Improve your Circulation and Decrease Swelling
- Relax as the warm therapy pool inhibits pain, anxiety, and depression
Ideal for patients:
- Who experience pain while exercising
- Returning to exercise after surgery
- Who have a fear of falling
- Have significant swelling in their feet, legs, or arms
- Who want to improve their strength, flexibility, or cardiovascular endurance
If you live near Lakewood, CO and are interested in exercising with less pain call Belmar Physical Therapy at (303) 274-2404.