Does Pain keep you from exercising?
Belmar Physical Therapy offers Hydro-Therapy (also known as Hydro-therapy or Aquatic Therapy) for patients who suffer from acute or chronic pain, poor balance, and other conditions that make it difficult to excercise or improve mobility.
Water therapy exercise programs consist of a variety of treatments and exercises that are done in a pool and may be specifically designed to provide relief of low back pain or neck pain. These exercises also serve to condition and strengthen muscles to help avoid future recurrences of back pain.
Ideal for Patients:
- Who experience pain while excercising
- Returning to excercise after surgery
- Who have fear of falling
- Have significant swelling in their feet, legs, or arms
- Who have Osteoarthritis
- With Advanced osteoporosis (with susceptibility to and/or pain from fracture)
- Who have Muscle strain or tears
- Who want to improve their strength, flexibility, or cardiovascular endurance
Balance is EASY while you improve strength!
Water therapy is frequently recommended as one form of exercise therapy to treat those with diabetes as well as individuals with high blood pressure. Both conditions can improve and become more manageable with aquatic exercise.
These conditions make it uncomfortable or painful to exercise on hard surfaces or even padded surfaces, and espeically while standing. Water Therapy provides a much gentler, welcoming, and comfortable environment.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy:
- Unload your Joints and Spine with less gravity
- Build core strength and improve balance
- Decrease Pain by reducing muscle spasms
- Gain Flexibility
- Challenge your Cardio endurance
- Improve your circulation and decrease swelling
- Relax as the warm therapy pool inhibits pain, anxiety, and depression
|Aquatic Therapy Registration Form|
Easter Seals Warm Water Therapy Pool
5755 W. Alameda
Map / Directions >>
Monday and Wednesday
11am - 1pm
3:30 - 5:30pm